Saturday, October 3, 2009

Tickets Please

"It's gettin' more and more blunt, haven't you noticed?"
Today, God bought two concert tickets.
Not for himself, mind you, but for two of our new neighborhood friends - Allina, age 9, and Moomoo, age 11.
In celebration of our good friend Meredith's birthday, Josh, Wes, and I all bought tickets to the David Crowder Band concert. I arrived at the concert first, so I called Wes and Josh to find out where they were.
"We're ten or fifteen minutes out."
"Awesome. I've got your tickets when you get here."
"But here's the deal. Allina and Moomoo are with us."
"Ok. I'm on it." And I went out to the ticket booth to buy two more tickets. Apparently God thought it was vital that we spend time with these kids, and that they know just how fully He can and will provide for them.
Before I even had time to ask the lady at the ticket counter if I needed cash to buy more tickets, a man barged into the small booth, pointed at me and said, "How many tickets do you need?"
"Uh...two more."
"Here." He handed me Allina and Moomoo's tickets and walked out.
I was so blown away that I simply had to tell someone about what God had just done so randomly.
Ok, so I told several somebodies.
My favorite response, though, was, "It's getting more and more blunt, haven't you noticed?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog