Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Productive Day at a Brasilian Orphanage

Today, our group of five in Brasil went to the Lar, an orphanage on the other side of town.
What a blessing! When we first arrived, I helped Sam, one of the longer-term interns, and Barbara, a Brasilian that works with the Kaisers, sort clothes in the Lar's donations room. We only worked for a little while before a lady came in and told us that we could go eat lunch with the kids. We did and they laughed becuase I couldn't understand what they were saying.
After lunch, we were much more productive. Not to say that we went back to work, but rather we had a water balloon fight. And that was followed by capture the flag. And that was followed by soccer. Lots of soccer. So in terms of relationship, which is more important anyway, we were much more productive.
While we were playing, Barbara came up to me and explained that the kids had been calling me Tio, "uncle.". Needless to say, that made my day. Well, that and when I scored a one-touch goal against Brasilians.
When it was almost time to catch the bus back home, I laid down in the grass, sweaty and tired, my feet black with the dirt from the soccer field, and realized yet again how good God is, and how happy I am to be living the life that He has laid out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog