Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dip, Dance & Dessert



This was the name of our party last night. It suddenly occurs to me being ready and being on guard, like Jesus told us, is to celebrate like we mean it: like there's not tomorrow, or maybe tomorrow will be never ending. And this leads me to think, if we're celebrating like Jesus is coming back today, when he comes back we should be found some what ready. At least, thats what I think. At any rate we need to start working up some stamina at the very least, because on that day if you're not dancing I'm not sure you get it. Its a pretty big deal, when he gets here. All creation waits. We wait, but last night we also celebrated like we believed it.


Wes made his famous Pineapple dip.

You can see Wes takes it seriously, not only his dip, but his dancing.
(That's me in the back ground, and ....as you can see...not being serious)
Hats off to you Wes. You dance like its really for Jesus.

In addition to salsa and Pineapple dip my guacamole was prime fuel for energy. Man was it good. You know what I'm talking about mom. It was our friend Katie's recipe. Later on Lizzy came over and she made her Sopapilla Cheese Cake. Mmmmm..... I made Pink Lemonade pie! I dont think we intended to do it this way but the night kind of stands for the lord's faithfulness as well. We felt very called to help with something recently and the lord has really provided for us in abundance. The night was kind of a "pour out the first fruits." Something we ought to try on purpose some time, or more times. As it says: "enter his gates with thanksgiving in your heart" Thankfulness might just be the keys to the kingdom. No offense Peter.

Some of the freshman bible majors were there. They opted for high fiving, I think out of respect for their church background. Something about acapella dancing only or something. There is no condemnation here, let me be clear about that. People are free to express their love for the lord in the way they feel called, and actually I'm being very serious. The scope of age groups and people groups at our house has become a very wide array. This was also evident last night. I cant think of the last time I was hanging out with white college kids from the upper middle class along with a poor black family, their parents included and some people I've never met before. Some times God throws a homeless person in there and bam: the kingdom of God is at hand. Its a stretching time, and a good time-learning how to sit down with the other and being all things to all people for the sake of Christ. Also...I didn't know I liked dancing so much. Go figure.

The lord bless you and keep you. Remember to take some joy this day.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog